Skip to main content
Feeding Greenville Households
Your After School Program has been selected for a unique feeding program because the child(ren) registered and participated during the 2019/2020 afterschool meal program through a collaboration with Upstate Circle of Friends and Forward and Beyond. The afterschool meals were provided by Upstate Circle of Friends through their DHEC approved kitchen sponsored by the United States Department of Agriculture programs through the State Department of Education for the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and SC Department of Social Services through the Child and Adult Food Program (CACFP) At-Risk Afterschool Meal Program.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic hitting hard families already suffering, Upstate Circle of Friends reached out to the F.W. Symmes and the Jolley Foundations with a unique program to serve Tanglewood Afterschool families. They readily agreed to fund a supper feeding program to be provided to those already identified through your Afterschool program. Since funding is limited, this program is not open to the public, but by invitation only. It will begin on Monday, April 20th providing weekday supper meals, ending June 12th of 2020. Meals will be distributed following strict CDC guidelines through a drive-thru line in the parking lot of your facility .
Please provide your parents with the information below.
Those who wish to participate will click here to go to the registration page. Here is how it will work:
- You will register through this link only, completing the form with name, address, email, phone, and the number of family members living in your household. Usually, this is parents plus children. As soon as registered an acknowledgment email with important program information will be received. Save this email for future reference.
- It takes up to 3 days to process the registration to assure food orders, etc. When added to the list you will receive an email confirming you have been added, confirming your food pick up location, and at what time you will need to plan your pick up of your household supper. Unless told otherwise, plan to pick up your supper every weekday through June 12th.
- Upstate Circle of Friends has a licensed rated "A" kitchen, and all food and containers are handled using all required methods to assure your safety.
- The menu will consist of hot nutritious meals using the approved menus through both the USDA and the SC Department of Social Services.
- Your dinner will be packed in an aluminum foil pan in family portions to equal the number of household members requested, and sealed with foil.
- For your first pick up, please write on an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper the name of the family member who registered, and the number of household members. EXAMPLE: JANE DOE 5 Place this on your dash where it can easily be seen outside of the vehicle.
- Plan to arrive at your pickup location within your assigned time. There will be a vehicle line. Stay in your vehicle at all times. When you approach the meal pickup area, our staff will read the name and confirm the portions from the paper on your vehicle dash. It must match the information on your registration. Roll your window down and our staff, using appropriate protection, will hand your container through your window.
- There is no cost to you for this program.
- IF there is time you will not be available for your pick up, or simply don't want your Household Suppers for a period of time, please email email@example.com as soon as possible with those dates.
- Not showing up to pick up your prepared Household Supper could result in being dropped from this program.
- Upstate Circle of Friends is unable to adhere to allergy restrictions. However, no food will be fried in oil and any specific questions can be asked via an email.
Upon your first pickup, you will be given a placard for your dash. Display it each time picking up your Household Suppers.
Upstate Circle of Friends, Forward and Beyond, the F.W. Symmes Foundation, the Jolley Foundation, Vision 25 and Financial Empowerment Center are happy to be able to provide you with these nutritious meals and financial assistants that we hope it helps get your family through this trying time.
Copyright © 2009 - 2021 Upstate Circle of Friends
and Arche Designs, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Developed and Maintained by Arche Designs.